Friday, April 6, 2012

March Reads

I have to admit that I use to find it crazy that people would actually try reading multiple books at the same time.  Well, I've become one of those crazy people!  I get into a book and then get interested in another and switch back and forth.  I actually did a lot of reading in March but these are the only two books I finished and can write anything about.  I did have to send a few back to the library without finishing them which is something I rarely do.  I'll have a few more good ones to post for April that I'm in the process of completing.  

March: Calm My Anxious Heart
Calm My Anxious Heart by Linda Dillow - I began reading this book in February on a prayer retreat.  I felt it gave me some things to really think/pray on about how anxious I can get in certain situations.  Definitely a book I would suggest to a friend who struggles with anxiety.   

March - In Grandma's Attic - loved this!  We read it as part of our curriculum for school and am excited to see it's part of a series so we can read some more!
In Grandma's Attic by Arleta Richardson - A MUST READ to children of elementary years.  My boys and I enjoyed this so much.  I was so excited to find that this is part of a series and there are more of them!  It is Christian based and full of so many character building examples.  I find it so hard to find good quality children's books so wanted to pass this recommendation along!    

2 comments:

  1. I have often considered reading "Calm My Anxious Heart." Thanks for the recommendation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE the In Grandma's Attic series! I actually found ones where she is married and then has a kid, while we were at ABC. Of course I read them :) And yes, they were excellent :)

    ReplyDelete