I didn't realize that I pretty much set myself up for failure this month with this new habit and project. "Normal" really didn't start until the middle of the month due to a business trip to Atlanta. With the holiday schedule, it was hard to just get back into normal, let alone tack a new habit onto it. In addition, I did find that my idea of how to use technology in my day was really off. Even though we follow a routine each day, it doesn't always land at the same time. Some days school lasts forever and some days really quick. So, I've changed my guidelines. I'm trying to either check email way early in the morning or after school is finished. If I have caught up on other things, I may do a quick check on one of the boys' 15 min breaks. However, I will not try to multi-task as much during school hours. I was going back and forth so much that I was completely exhausted by noon. I, instead, find light multi-tasking that doesn't use my brain to work better....fold laundry, pick up a cluttered area on the counter, etc when I'm in between activities with boys.
So, I will continue working this habit out into the month of February. Another habit I've started working on the last few months but trying to be even more intentional about is....spend 1 hour of alone time each week with the boys (30 min minimum). Thanks to a great mentor for this suggestion in our Homeschool Moms Bible Study. I try to take 2 days each week and give the boys 30 min of uninterrupted time. They will either choose a game, book to read or just snuggle. One little guy gets to be with me alone in my bedroom while the other one gets to play a computer game and then they switch. It's a win/win. They love the mom time AND the time alone playing a game without a brother hanging around. It's such a sweet time for me too.
The spare bedroom project was a good idea but realistically needs to wait until the weather warms up. We have so much junk to haul away that it would be a better project for spring when the weather isn't so cold. Plus I have no desire to pull down that wallpaper yet! However, my wonderful husband did get it looking a lot better. Things are in nicer piles now.
No comments:
Post a Comment