All summer long I've been waiting to start schooling the boys. I wanted to start earlier but Jeff and I had a trip planned to Dallas and we didn't want to start only to stop again. I've been prepping and getting familiar with the curriculum, making my lists, and gearing up for a time of transition for our family. I cannot believe the time has come! On Monday we will begin this exciting adventure. I should say the adventure has already begun!
My list keeps growing longer and longer! I realistically know that it probably won't all be done and the house won't be in perfect shape. I had this crazy idea that I could be gone for 5 days and begin school 5 days later. Oh well, it makes for an interesting and wild weekend as I prepare.
I wasn't sure how I would feel once I heard everyone talking about going back to school. Would I envy them? Would I grieve the time I had always looked forward to, the time of freedom as my children went off to school for the day? Would I second guess our decision? I can honestly say NO to all the questions! This is how I know I'm following what the Lord desires. I haven't questioned it once and I only feel complete excitement and peace. I even asked Isaac yesterday if he's sad to not be going back to school. He affirmed our decision by telling me he's glad to be schooling at home. I simply never dreamed this would be our lifestyle or my heart's desire. I'm amazed at how the Lord continues to change us and mold us to fit His desires and not our own.
In April I asked the Lord to make my desires His desires and He's been faithful to do just that!
No comments:
Post a Comment