On Saturday we took the 2 hour + drive down to Brown County to spend one day of the 4 day Morris Family Vacation that has happened for years and years....as far as Jeff can remember. Since we always take a family vacation with just the 4 of us, we try to go down to Brown County for 1 or 2 nights. This year we could only make it down for the day.
Our day went as follows...
7:40am - on the road to Indy
9:00am - stop in at our favorite breakfast place...LePeeps. I always order the French Toast with granola and almonds....THE BEST!!
11:00ish - arrive to Brown County where Jeff stopped at a job site to make a delivery
Noon - while Jeff's family dispersed to go into town and some guys to play frisbee we opted to take our boys (since neither activity was geared towards kids) on a hike. It was our first family hike with all 4 of us together. We took a rugged 1 mile hike and I am still sore! We ended at a lake where Jeff attempted to teach the boys how to skip rocks.
2:00- eat lunch with the big family
3:00- played in the indoor waterpark at the Abe Martin Lodge. I love waterparks just as much as my boys. I love the slide! I even got a 10 min break to slip into the hot tub = it was wonderful!!
5:00 - head to the cabin to help prepare supper
6:30 - eat supper with everyone
8:00 - instead of heading home which was our original plan, we delayed to stay and play a huge family kickball game. This was so much fun. I grew up playing kickball with neighbor friends of my Grandma.
9:30 -head back home which we all were miserable. I knew I needed to stay awake to help keep Jeff up. We both had a hard time after a long day but we did it! Isaac feel asleep but started crying about 30 min before we got home. He couldn't get comfortable and wanted to be in bed.
a little before midnight - pulled in the driveway!
What a day! We all were so exhausted we had to take long naps on Saturday. It was a fun and memorable day, though.
No comments:
Post a Comment