A glimpse of my spiritual journey right now...
Do you ever feel like God strengthens one area and then moves right on to the next with no break? Ever feel like you are just trying to stay above water? I've been told that this keeps us out of "lukewarm" but sometimes "lukewarm" is so much more comfortable! I'm feeling the stretching and pulling right now, actually have felt it very intensely for about a year. My prayer this morning, "Lord, please no more! I don't like the cost this brings at times...." Have you ever felt a leading so strong from the Lord and you are just sure the outcome will go as you anticipate it? Then what happens when it doesn't? This is where I question, "Lord, did I hear you right? What happened?? I thought you told me to do this and now I look like such a fool!" Then I get so caught up in how "I look." What if it was the Lord's leading and the answer is too complex to grasp that it looks like failure to us? I'm pressing on to love the Lord with all my heart even if it makes me look silly, even if I go out on a limb and look like a fool....I trust that the Lord is teaching me this. I feel like He's teaching me "do it for me no matter how it makes you look". That's where we can have peace and joy in knowing that WE don't produce results, its the LORD through us.
I'm excited to hear more details!
ReplyDeleteSo encouraging to hear your journey - thanks for sharing!
You know I always thought that if I felt like God told me something to do and then it failed that I was wrong and it wasn't God. But recently I was listening to Paul Mowery teaching on Isaiah and he said that God told Isaiah to preach to the people. And Isaiah was like, 'for how long?' and basically God said a really long time and just know that they won't listen.
ReplyDeleteBasically Isaiah had a mission from God doomed to failure but was to do it anyway.
I'm not saying yours is!! I'm just saying that even if you really believe God told you something and it fails or you look silly...you STILL could be right on! ;)