Friday, January 15, 2010

Crazy Week

I really don't want to repeat another week like last week. Wow, it was crazy! For the last 7 days we've been faced with praying through some major changes, praying for God to provide and waiting to see if that provision would come, and me working 18 hours at IWU bookstore. What that looks like in the Morris house is a stressed out wife and mom who can barely stay up past 8pm. Yes, I went to bed at 8pm for 4 days straight! Yesterday was my first day at home this week and I literally didn't know what to do. There was so much to do yet I hadn't had a day of rest in like 7 days! I did what I could and took a nap too. I'm so thankful my Grandma is coming over today to help me with office work and my laundry. I don't know what I'd do without her! I have the opportunity to pay her to be my housekeeper and office assistant when I need her which is a blessing! Running a business from home means that I do work in/out of home so I can't always keep up on stuff. I am ok to admit that I'm NOT supermom and I do have to have a clean house. So if I can't do it, I get help!

What I learned this week is that God has big plans for us, He ALWAYS provides, and I'm truly blessed. If I would have had to leave my kids one more day to go to work I would have had an emotional breakdown. The gift the Lord has given to me to stay at home is something I do take for granted at times but now have a brand new appreciation for. I came home and thanked my husband that He provides for us and that He leads our family to live within a one income budget. He doesn't go out and purchase the expensive "toys" and put us in debt. We live within our means (which means doing without and driving an old car thats starting to rust) but it is pure joy! This week I was rushing my kids out of bed to put them in the car and let my Grandma do the things I'm suppose to do. That extra hour at home with the boys allows us to eat breakfast together, do our Bible devotional and just be together not feeling rushed. Who knew how one extra hour together can be such a blessing?

Here's what I missed by working....providing healthy meals for my family, energy to be there for them, awful messy house and no clean laundry. I was so exhuasted each day (even more so than a bad day at home with the boys!) and realized that I was making compromises that were not good for my family this week. Some days I don't feel like a very good mom. I have those days and have wondered if I'd be a better mom working. The answer for me is asbolutely not...I was a much worse mom this week! Frozen pizza, hamburgers, Pizza Hut pizza were our meals. That is not ok with me and I'm glad it was only for 3 days! The simple things in life are much more enjoyable!! I'm glad to be back home and I will appreciate it so much more!!

Jeff and I have been praying through some changes and the Lord is making changes, just not what we anticipated (and we're glad!) We are excited for the new changes and I'll write about those later when more details come to pass.

No comments:

Post a Comment