Thursday, February 10, 2011

Chosen

Have you been chosen by God to do something beyond what you are capable of in your own mind? As I journey through the Old Testament I was quite convicted by the story of Moses. Moses was called by God to lead the Israelites out of captivity in Egypt. God called Moses to speak before Pharaoh even though he wasn't eloquent in speech. Yet the Lord reminds him that it is He who gives and takes away (passage found in Exodus 4:10-17). Still Moses asked for someone else to do it. Scripture says the Lord "burned with anger against Moses"

How many times has the Lord given me a vision and I'm too fearful to see it through? Too many times to count. The fear produces doubt so that I will give up and write it off as not from the Lord at all.

I'm reading John Maxwell's book Be All You Can Be. He pretty much says that we will be stretched at all times in order to fully glorify God with our gifts. We will have opposition from the enemy and it will be in these times that we will truly grow into a stronger person. Only a small percentage of people will ever use the maximum potential that God gives to us.

I don't want the Lord's anger to burn at me because He wants to do good things in and through me yet I'm too scared to let him. My prayer is to take the vision, press through it and live a life fully devoted to using the God given gifts I have.

What is the Lord calling you to do?

1 comment:

  1. Leslie, this has spoken right to my heart. I have such a fear of the unknown and am consumed by my inadequacies. Satan has used this as a stumbling block a shameful number of times. It is so difficult to remember that God will give us the words to say, the path to take, and above all the grace to fulfill his calling for our lives. Thank you for the much needed reminder.

    ReplyDelete