Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Effective Time Managment tips

Effective Time Management: Some fun tips I just read about and I have found helpful in managing my time...

* Group shopping trips and errands together. Since I live in the country I make sure that my trips to Huntington, Bluffton and FW count!

* Have duplicates: I like to have disinfectant wipes in every bathroom and under my kitchen sink so I don't have to run around. Same is true for other cleaning supplies, toilet paper, etc.

* Take your magazines or other reading material with you when you go for an appointment. I love this idea. I can usually get through a magazine while I'm waiting and they don't pile up.

*Make a to do list and prioritize it. I also like to chunk my time. For example I'll make a list for things I want to do between 7-9am, 9-11am, etc. It helps me to manage my time much better.

*Use a timer....this is HUGE for me. I don't get distracted and I get more things done in a shorter amount of time in order to beat the clock.

* Use your body clock and do things when you have the most energy. For example my body pretty much shuts down at 7pm. I never have anything on my to do list for the evening because I will never get it done. However, early morning is when I get a lot done.

* Put things away where its easiest - for example I always left my purse on the counter only to have it in the way. Solution - hang a hook by the door so that when I come in I can hang it up immediately.

I hope you find these tips time savers for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment