Sunday, August 29, 2010

Wardrobe Basics

Wow, it's been 2 weeks since my last post. Life has been a bit crazy. I had my first mammogram because of some concerns I had after doing a self-exam. My mom was 41 when she had breast cancer so when I came in concerned, there was no messing around! However, this created some unnecessary stress for me for several days. I was physically and emotionally spent but so thankful and praising the Lord that nothing was found. Now I feel like I can get back to real life! The past few weeks have been stressful with other obligations as well but I'm learning to delegate and say NO to the lesser important things. This week looks to be a manageable week with maybe even some down time! YAY!!

Today in my journey to transform my home and life, I read about organizing my wardrobe. I don't have tons of clothes, in fact I just weeded out several pieces recently and find it so much easier to choose clothing! I was finding that a full closet was a bit stressful. I wasn't wearing all the pieces and they were just in the way. After cleaning out my closet, I felt so much better!! I find that I like to stick with simpler pieces that I can mix and match instead of trendy. However, I do plan to go back through all my clothes again as well as hubby's and the boys' this week. Then I'd like to make a list of things we need to get for the fall/winter season.

The best thing I took away from this chapter was:

*If you have not worn a piece of clothing in 1-3 years you either need to store it away or get rid of it.
*Organize shoes and purses with containers or over the door organizers
* store off season clothing in a bin under your bed

I also looked up some basic essentials that all women need in their wardrobe:

1. 2 piece suit in a neutral color (black is best)
2. Black paints that are long enough to wear with heels
3. Jeans that flatter you
4. White button down shirt
5. Sheath dress (neutral color)
6. Sweater Set

Have fun organizing, donating and shopping! :)

Another fun thing I did this week was label my refrigerator. It feels so refreshing to have it organized and labeled so everyone else knows where things go. I think I may continue to other areas of my kitchen as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment