Friday, December 4, 2009

Taking Risks

I'm not good at taking risks. I like to play the safe game. You know, the game where you just don't invite anyone over to your house becuase then you have to never face rejection and hear the words "we are just too busy this month." The risks that make you stand for what you believe even when you may be looked down upon and riduculed? Called names you never intended to be called? Or ever fear the person is thinking "here she goes again....?" when you passionately lay out what the Lord is doing in your life? Didn't the Lord tell us to talk about him morning, noon and night?? I'm finding that as I take more risks, I become a little more bruised, rejected, and worn down. Sometimes I simply wonder if its even worth it?? Ever feel like that about your faith? I find my self telling the Lord, "Lord, it hurts too much! I'd rather live in my comfortable average life than get into uncomfortable territory!" I guess for me the Lord is saying "well, ready or not I'm ready to MOVE you!" I've dealt with some uncomfortable situations, began to ask and take risks and you know, its not really that fun. I begin to question, "Lord, did I hear you right? Becuase this isn't want I expected the answer to be." However, through these times He's growing us. My friend recently told me I should be worried if I didn't have to struggle...the enemy doesn't find me a threat. So, how do we live with a peace and joy that the Lord gives among the blessings and hardships that circulate our life at the same time? Paul tells us, "Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable--if anything is excellent or praiseworthy--think about such things." Phillipians 4:8.

My prayer is to"Run in such a way as to get the prize." 1 Corinthians 9:24. Oh, how I wish I could see the other side and KNOW that what I'm doing and struggling through is worth it! That's where faith of Hebrews 11:1 comes into play..."Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see." I'm learning to trust this even when it doesn't feel good and my flesh wants to do everything but what the Spirit is telling me to do. I'm sure the Lord has some great journeys ahead and I'll look back and say "yes, Lord, it was all to your glory and worth it all!"

No comments:

Post a Comment