Saturday, December 29, 2012

Regrets

Over the last 7 years I have absolutely loved raising my boys.  We've had some extremely hard training years and are living in the fruit of those hard years with great boys (not perfect by any means!).  And let me say that we wouldn't have survived these hard training years if it wasn't for the mentors who invested in us, lots of prayers and the Lord filling in the areas we just couldn't get right!  After we got through those years we felt like we were living in the best parenting years.  The boys are self sufficient in a lot of ways but still young and innocent and still say the sweetest things.

Yes, we did feel some regret of not being able to have more children over the years but not strong enough to really feel bad about it.  We enjoyed our small, close family.

About a year ago we had several couples we are close to having babies.  I was so excited for them and quite glad that I could watch their journey but still get a full night's sleep.  I was so glad to not be in that stage of life!

Then it happened....the Lord started changing us.  First it was a few dreams I had where we had a newborn and I would wake to be so disappointed that it wasn't real.  Then conversations with friends.  I thought some of my friends were crazy to want a big family...that would be hard!  But in the back of my mind I thought how rewarding it would be as well.  For about 6 months we were in random conversations about family size and we began to question if we had made the wrong decision to stop having children.

In May 2012 we finally gave in to the Lord asking Him to reveal His desire and change our hearts if our lives were not matching to what He wanted......

Go back to here if you missed the first part of our story.  
Go here to finish our story.

No comments:

Post a Comment