Monday, June 17, 2013

Long overdue update

A long overdue update!  I've had a lot of prioritizing opportunities the last 9 months during this incredible transition we are going through so that's why my blog has been neglected.  So, here's various updates on the Morris household since I'm feeling better these days:

Baby bump:
23 weeks
25 weeks

28 weeks

30 weeks

almost 33 weeks

36 weeks


Overall pregnancy health:
My body is complicated as it is and then to add pregnancy it seems to get more complicated!!  I have to admit this was the main reason I didn't want to have any more kids.  Pregnancy is quite an adjustment and not very fun for me but as I near the end, I'm praying for renewed perspective and strength to do it again.  Yes, we desire to have at least one more after this if that's what the Lord desires.  Nothing I deal with is life threatening, just annoying.  Here's what I've learned about my overall health during pregnancy:

*Vericose veins get worse with each one

* Swimming is an incredible way to exercise if you have vericose vein trouble, leg pressure and swelling.  Even getting in the pool once a week made a huge difference in how I felt.  At 24 weeks I really started feeling poorly with these symptoms but they didn't get worse like I fear simply because walking and swimming is quite helpful.  I'm thankful for the 92 degree pool we have access to at Heritage Pointe here in Warren.  We get to swim with the elderly on a regular basis and they enjoy watching the boys swim as well.

*I have underactive thyroid once I hit 20ish weeks.  The symptoms I have....unexplained weight gain, complete exhaustion (when I should be experiencing the boost of energy) and sleepless nights were the same things I felt during my 2nd trimester with my boys but my thyroid was never checked.  I have a feeling it's a common occurence for me during pregnancy that was finally diagnosed this time.  After 4 weeks of taking compounded therapy I still wasn't feeling like I felt much better until I combined the meds with a gluten free diet.

*I recently learned that gluten attacks the thyroid and that it would be best for me to be gluten free.  After 4 weeks of being on a gluten free diet I started to finally notice a difference in how I felt.  I suddenly have more energy (even though my body has a hard time keeping up, the "energy" I still feel is so much different from the complete exhaustion I dealt with daily).  The true test was when I recently cheated due to being at a social gathering that didn't offer anything gluten free.  Within the hour I was completely exhausted for the next 24 hours and felt nauseous when I went to bed.  Something else I've noticed in the last 2 weeks is that even if I'm tired from a busy day, I haven't felt sick when I go to bed.  I was thinking all along it was "morning sickness" just lingering all this time that would come up once a week or so, but it was probably due to what I was eating that day.  I would say I was 70% gluten free before, eating gluten free at home but on the weekends when we'd be out I would eat whatever.  I've come to the conclusion my body just functions much better on a gluten free diet and it simply is not worth the exhuastion and feeling sick to cheat...so it looks like it will be a lifestyle change for me.  My family needs me to be well and the best I can be so it will be worth the change.  It's not easy, though!

*By 36 weeks I officially lost my ankles. :)

The boys:
We finished school at the beginning of May and had a pizza and icecream party at home on the evening of the last day.



We had a tornado warning and had to take cover in the basement.  The boys are laying on cardboard under blankets while we wait the storm out.  

Isaac has been playing baseball and Kaleb has enjoyed soccer.  It has definitely kept us busy this spring!!  We also got great news that Kaleb's heart's condition is still mild and we get to keep our yearly check up appointments for now.


The baby's room has been under construction:

A nice before of the pink room with unicorn border


First project was to replace the 60 year old windows
It's time to get rid of the junk!
The wallpaper took a couple layers of paint off so Jeff had to mud
A free dresser we've had for a couple years wanting to  refinish it and use it for something
Perfect for baby's room!

Finished paint

Isaac helping with the crib construction
 That's all that we will do for now.  Decorating will take place later since baby girl won't officially move into her room until we are ready to put her alone.  She'll be sleeping in our room for several months.

And lastly, Jeff and I got a quick date in to celebrate our 11th anniversary!  

Whew, that was a long update!




No comments:

Post a Comment