I can't believe its been nearly 2 months since I've last updated. What a crazy 2 months it has been! Our boys played soccer for 6 weeks this spring which was fun to watch but between the both of them we were making 3 extra trips to Huntington each week. We've decided that Kaleb can wait until he begins school to start in sports. I'm not so sure I'm ready for this yet. It's great for fun, but the pressure to be good, attend all the camps offered to get better and participating in more than one league is about more than I can handle. Praying for a balance that gives the kids a chance to be good at a sport but not going overboard. Jeff and I have chosen to not allow our children and their activities to rule our life. Home time is important and we are not willing to give it up.
As for other news, we went on vacation the first of June. It was very relaxing and fun but the preparation and catch up hardly make it relaxing. Vacations are important and we will continue to make them a priority but they sure do take a lot of work! The Smokey Mountains were beautiful.
We celebrated with my mom being cancer free for 10 years now. It's hard to believe it has been that long. What a wonderful blessing. Just a reminder that life is so short and one doctor visit can change the rest of your life.
Leadership is a huge passion of mine and sometimes creates a desire to participate in more than I should! I'm leading Mom Life this year and so excited to see the Lord work out details for the year. I have an amazing team to work with which makes my position much more enjoyable.
I can't believe the summer is pretty much half over! July is here!! We'll be spending lots of time with both sides of our family over the 4th, a small weekend getaway with Jeff's family, attending the Trinity Music Festival, our local 4H fair and then it will be time to think about school again. WOW!! Jeff and I are truly enjoying this season of parenting with the boys. They are so much fun but growing up way too fast!
No comments:
Post a Comment